Sunday, February 19, 2012

Week Two Colleague Responses

Northward Bound
Brad shared some really neat facts!!  I always like to hear interesting facts about where I am at.  These are the facts that I found really interesting.  I didn’t realize that Alaska is the absolute NW portion of North America.  I knew that Alaska was big but I didn’t know that it was 3x the size of California.  Knowing that fact you can start to believe that it is 16% of the United States land area.
Explore Alaska Class
I enjoyed reading Claire’s blog this week.  Thanks for the link to better describe how each system works and is interconnected.  It is a lot of information to take in and the link broke it down nicely.   I agreed that it is really important to remember how connected each system is and that we need to take care of earth as a whole planet.  I was blow away to know that a degree or two change up or down can affect how an entire system works!
Awareness through Adventure
One comment that Diane stated that stopped me and I had to write down is “knowledge is power”.  If students could realize how phenomenal a gift this is, watch out!!  Climate changes really do affect an area in so many ways.  When she shared the information about buying a house on permafrost it became more apparent.  Another point she made was climate change is huge, however if we do our part it is powerful and huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment